Sunday, February 23, 2014

Back to the Future Shoes


Hello all. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I just got back from the US and have been really busy. You will see two posts today, one about Nike shoes and the other about revolutionary furniture. Anyways lets go Back to The Future. If you remember in Back to the Future part II (if you haven't seen it then watch it) Marty has a really nice pair of Nike shoes which have self fitting laces. The movie is set in 2015 which is only a year away and the bad news is I don’t think we'll be seeing any hoverboards or flying cars.

The good news is that it is possible that we’ll be seeing these kind of shoes available in 2015. Tinker Hatfield, a designer at Nike New Orleans, claimed that these shoes are not too far away from production. We have seen replicas of these shoes but without the self fitting laces. Hopefully when these shoes enter the market they won’t be overly expensive. In 2009 Nike filed a patent for ‘Automatic Lacing System’ and supposedly an ‘Automatic Ankle Clinching System’. A pair of replicas usually go for a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand pounds. Hopefully we’ll see that awesome hoverboard as well.
Our next amazing invention features revolutionary technology in furniture and home space. Boxetti, is produced by a Latvian Company El Studija and is designed by Rolands Landsbergs. Boxetti really is a revolutionary approach to furniture that may come in handy in small houses. Boxetti is designed to make the most out of your space. The models are essentially boxes that then fold out to display various types of furniture.
There are five sets in the collection, Boxetti_Private (bedroom), Boxetti_Practice (office work space), Boxetti_Lounge (living room), Boxetti_Thrill (TV and speakers) and Boxetti_Lunch (kitchen). I won’t go into too much detail here (click on the link below for their website) as I do want to talk more about this.
In the future I can definitely see homes with this kind of furniture in them. As the population increases, in major cities houses/apartments will have less space and will have to make use of the space. Boxetti really does use space effectively allowing you to fold something away if you’re not using it while looking amazing at the same time. To be honest I really can’t find many negatives about this product. Even the prices are reasonable averaging at about 7,500 euros per Boxetti model. It may be a bit confusing and difficult to use at first but my sure that it’s easy to get the hang of.  It’s something out of the science fiction universe that has warped into our dimension.




2 comments:

  1. I really like how funny your blog is... I am always giggling to myself... really easy to read and I always want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoes are really cool, I want to buy them when they come out next year

    ReplyDelete