Wearable computer available in 2020?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hologram
Whilst surfing the internet I found this pretty amazing concept. 2014 is the year when wearable tech will really come in full swing. We’ve seen wearable tech like Google Glasses, Pebble and Samsung Smartwatch. These new technologies have really just arrived so who knows what we’ll see in the future!
Well maybe we will. This image is a new concept from Yanko Design (designed by Hiromi Kiriki ) of a wearable computer. Yes a wearable computer! Now this is only a concept so there’s no guarantee of what might surface in the future but I do think it is an accurate concept based on all the wearable tech we have seen this year. 
This computer features a flexible OLED touchscreen (not sure if it’s tablet or not...), a holographic projector and a pull out keyboard! Not too much has been said by the designer but he mentions there are social networking capabilities. As you may have noticed this computer/tablet is wearable which really makes me think, will we see more things like this in the future? Kiriki says in the article that this concept is set to earmarked in the year 2020. Of course the selling part of this product is the fact that it’s actually wearable but will people actually want to buy this product? Great it’s wearable. Great it’s a computer but I predict that in the future tablets will become smaller and more portable, to the point where you could just fit them into your back pocket. I mean really who’s going to want to wear a computer as a bracelet.
Now this is a really great concept, in fact I love the idea and I do think it is the start of something great. Wearable tech is really becoming a reality and this idea isn’t too far away. In conclusion I think that this tech is great and may be successful the first couple of years but I think that the future of technology is heading towards holograms, stuff you would see in Star Wars or other science fiction movies. That is wear the future of portable technology is.
The Article-www.yankodesign.com/2010/05/25/in-2020-we-can-wear-sony-computers-on-our-wrist/
Star Wars Hologram-http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hologram
I have rather mixed opinions about wearable technology - I either look at it with a positive view being that you can access the 'computer' or be it whatever whenever and wherever but then again because it is always there, doesn't it mean it will be too invasive into our lifestyles and mean people will become too obsessed/distracted by this technology?
ReplyDelete