Wednesday, April 2, 2014

New USB and Time Warp Photos


Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that I will not be able to post any blogs for about two weeks as I will be in South Africa and probably without any internet, so I will post two blogs, one tonight and then one tomorrow afternoon.  I hope you enjoy! Thanks for all the support!


So I think many of you have had problems with USB cables. It usually takes me about two tries to actually insert the USB and however this may only be a first world problem it is a pet peeve of mine. Now this invention is definitely not going to change the world - maybe it will, who knows - but it is pretty cool and useful. USB type C is a different kind of USB. It’s incredibly small and almost looks like an iPhone 5 charger. Another important factor is that it’s reversible which means that you don’t have to worry about the direction it needs to go in. This is a very early design concept so there aren’t very many tech specs, but I can tell you it offers a bandwidth of 10Gbps (I have NO idea what this actually means but it means something). Obviously no computers actually have this plug so I think it has to actually be approved and then put into manufacturing so I can imagine it will take some time for it to be available on the market. Still I believe that something like this idea will definitely be produced.

Now I’m going to leave you some time warp photos. These pictures are modern day pictures from six different cities that are morphed with pictures of that exact same place from an older time period. It is quite touching and interesting to see how much these areas have changed. I’m only going to pick out my favourite ones, so be sure to check out the link below to see the rest of the photos. Thanks for reading and have a great day.






Sources

USB: http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/2/5573680/first-images-of-the-reversible-usb-cable 
Time Warp Photos: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2014/04/these-time-warp-photos-show-six-cities-in-the-past-and-present/





No comments:

Post a Comment